Sunday, June 17, 2018

Ephesians 6:4 We have a Father in heaven!

Ephesians 6:4 Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger; instead, bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.

What does Father’s Day mean to you? Will you miss your father? Will your child or children contact you and bless your day?
Or, will you go on as usual, as any other day?
Unfortunately for me my father went to be with his fathers years ago. Our adoptive son is living for the world and never contacts us, so I won’t be hearing from him.
So my day will go on as usual serving the Lord in our church nursery today.

As we study this verse I have tried to apply it to our son. But unfortunately anything could make him angry, I tried not to provoke but wasn’t always successful. I did try to bring him up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord. 
I pray we planted a seed and someday it will be watered and sprout in good soil.

To all the fathers, happy Father’s Day and may our Lord bless your day today.
For all of us that have children but won’t hear from them, or to the men without children, or children that had abusive fathers, or the fatherless remember we have a father in heaven. Wish Him a happy Father’s Day and thank Him for adopting you!


Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment