Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Not Turning Back. Psalm 5:4-5 NLT

David and I listen to a lot of radio. In our house the radio goes on by 9:00 in the morning and stays on until 5 or 6 in the evening. When we are outside we take a portable radio with us. We have an old stereo system in the garage so we can listen when we are out there. We even have a radio in the pole barn. My radio is always on in my car and I listen on line at work. 

Around 1999-2000 I became disillusioned by the lyrics in secular music. Some of the words in the songs I heard on a regular basis started really bothering me. One day while driving to work I started changing stations to see what else was out there besides the usual rock and roll I listened to. That's when I discovered Christian radio. 
There was a Pastor that would do these "one minute sermons" throughout the day so I started hearing God's Word too. I really liked what this Pastor taught  and soon discovered he was the Pastor of a church near my home! I started attending this church and the rest is HIStory. 

Recently I was told I was judgmental, on my high horse and looking down on others because I was not interested in watching a movie with sexually explicit scenes. I was told I needed to  "lighten up". 

I will not compromise my convictions. I will not go along to get along. I will not deny my God to please anyone. I changed that station some 18 years ago and I'm not turning back. 

Psalm 5:4-5 NLT 
4 O God, you take no pleasure in wickedness; 
you cannot tolerate the sins of the wicked. 
5 Therefore, the proud may not stand in your presence, 
for you hate all who do evil. 

Blessings, Cecilia 

No comments:

Post a Comment