Friday, June 8, 2018

Learning to Love Psalm 5:3 NLT

When I started emailing and posting my morning devotionals it was to hold myself accountable. I wanted to not just read the word of God  but study the word of God. Lately I haven't emailed and posted them daily but rest assured, I am still studying Gods word daily. 

Some mornings I read a verse or two and need to ponder it for a while. Throughout the day I am calling it to mind and asking myself how that verse relates to me. Sometimes I reflect and research a verse or two for several days before I complete my study. 

As I've progressed in my morning Bible study, I have learned I want this time in scripture to be intentional. I don't want to just throw out a verse and some ramblings just to get it out there. I want to hold His word in my heart, meditate on it throughout the day and fall asleep with it on my mind at night. 

So to the handful of people I email this to, you've noticed they aren't as regular as they once were, rest assured, I haven't slacked off, just learning. Learning to respect God's word more, learning to slow down and reflect, learning to love Him more. 

Psalm 5:3 NLT 
3 Listen to my voice in the morning, LORD. 
Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly. 

Blessings, Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment