Thursday, June 21, 2018

Garbage In, Garbage Out. Psalm 5:8-10 NASB

If Jesus is in you (Holy Spirit) why would you want to feed your heart, mind or soul garbage? 

I've seen so many people who profess themselves to be Christian yet think nothing of listening to music with derogatory lyrics, watching horror movies or movies with explicit sex, pervasive language or violence. I find it hard to understand. Just because it has a good beat doesn't make it a great song. Just because Hollywood gives it a good review doesn't make it a good movie. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. 

Christian, if you keep feeding your heart, mind and soul garbage, garbage eventually will come back out. 

Next time you play that song, next time you sit down to that movie or TV show, ask yourself, if Jesus walked in right now, would I be embarrassed? 

Psalm 5:8-10 NASB 
8 Lead me in the right path, O LORD, or my enemies will conquer me. Make your way plain for me to follow. 
9 My enemies cannot speak a truthful word. Their deepest desire is to destroy others. Their talk is foul, like the stench from an open grave. Their tongues are filled with flattery. 
10 O God, declare them guilty. Let them be caught in their own traps. Drive them away because of their many sins, for they have rebelled against you. 

Blessings, Cecilia 

No comments:

Post a Comment