Friday, February 12, 2021

Numbers 6:9-12 Shave His Head

 9If someone suddenly dies in his presence and defiles his consecrated head of hair, he must shave his head on the day of his cleansing—the seventh day. 10On the eighth day he must bring two turtledoves or two young pigeons to the priest at the entrance to the Tent of Meeting. 11And the priest is to offer one as a sin offering and the other as a burnt offering to make atonement for him, because he has sinned by being in the presence of the dead body. On that day he must consecrate his head again. 12He must rededicate his time of separation to the LORD and bring a year-old male lamb as a guilt offering. But the preceding days shall not be counted, because his separation was defiled.

Shave his head


“The Mishna relates how Queen Helena had almost completed seven years of a Nazirite vow when she was defiled and therefore had to keep it for another seven years.” (Wenham)


It’s said Queen Helena was a Nazirite for fourteen years but I wonder when she was defiled if she shaved her head?


Years ago I came home from work to discover my wife who had beautiful long hair, had cut her hair very short and donated to an organization that makes wigs for children going through chemotherapy. I said, “you cut your hair” in a muddled tone and walked away. When I returned after showering I had shaved my head. I thought, no wife of mine was going to have shorter hair than mine!

We still laugh about it today! As a matter of fact I was transferring pictures for our son to a thumb drive and I found those pictures! ðŸ¤£


Have you ever shaved your head?

Blessings 

No comments:

Post a Comment