Thursday, December 27, 2018

Genesis 26:1-5 Heirs!

God's Promise to Isaac
1Now there was another famine in the land, subsequent to the one that had occurred in Abraham’s time. And Isaac went to Abimelech king of the Philistines at Gerar.
2The LORD appeared to Isaac and said, “Do not go down to Egypt. Settle in the land where I tell you. 3Stay in this land as a foreigner, and I will be with you and bless you. For I will give all these lands to you and your offspring, and I will confirm the oath that I swore to your father Abraham. 4I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky, and I will give them all these lands, and through your offspring all nations of the earth will be blessed, 5because Abraham listened to My voice and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and My laws.”

Notice this verse, “The LORD appeared to Isaac”. It doesn’t say, said or in a dream, it says appeared!
Stay, and I will be with you and bless you! What an awesome promise from the Lord!
We have a similar promise with Christ. 

Galatians 3:29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed and heirs according to the promise.

There is no mistake about it, Isaac is the Son of the Promise. 
Because Abraham “listened to My voice and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and My laws.”

You are Abraham’s seed and heirs (legally entitled) according to the promise.


Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment