Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Genesis 24:15-27 “the LORD has led me on the journey to the”....

Rebekah is Chosen
15Before he had finished praying, Rebekah came out with her jar on her shoulder. She was the daughter of Bethuel son of Milcah, the wife of Abraham’s brother Nahor. 16Now the girl was very beautiful, a virgin who had not had relations with any man. She went down to the spring, filled her jar, and came up again.
17So the servant ran to meet her and said, “Please let me have a little water from your jar.”
18“Drink, my lord,” she replied, and she quickly lowered her jar to her hands and gave him a drink.
19After she had given him a drink, she said, “I will also draw water for your camels, until they have had enough to drink.” 20And she quickly emptied her jar into the trough and ran back to the well to draw water, until she had drawn water for all his camels.
21Meanwhile, the man watched her silently to see whether or not the LORD had made his journey a success.
22And after the camels had finished drinking, he took out a gold ring weighing a beka,c and two gold bracelets for her wrists weighing ten shekels.d 23“Whose daughter are you?” he asked. “Please tell me, is there room in your father’s house for us to spend the night?”
24She replied, “I am the daughter of Bethuel, the son that Milcah bore to Nahor.” 25Then she added, “We have plenty of straw and feed, as well as a place for you to spend the night.”
26Then the man bowed down and worshiped the LORD, 27saying, “Blessed be the LORD, the God of my master Abraham, who has not withheld His kindness and faithfulness from my master. As for me, the LORD has led me on the journey to the house of my master’s kinsmen.”

Prayer is no substitute for action. Guzik 
The servant prayed but he also sprung into action. 
Do we do the same?

I recall such an occasion when our son wanted to buy a homeless man lunch. We were sitting in a Five Guys eating lunch and he saw a homeless man walking down the street. We purchased it and sought out to locate him. When our son tried to give him the meal the homeless man yelled NO!
It upset our son and I told him, don’t worry we will find someone else. We drove down the road and made a left at the light when my wife yelled stop! There was a woman sitting on the curb in front of Walgreens. It was a scene reenactment from the Good Samaritan! She was sitting there with a blanket around her, had been beaten to a pulp and everyone was just walking by her staring and not offering help. My wife said let me handle this. She prayed with her, offered her a ride, and gave her the meal.

We need to listen to the Lord when He puts something on our heart. He used a homeless man to steer us to a woman in need.

Pray but put it into action. “the LORD has led me on the journey to the”.....(fill in the blank).


Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment