Thursday, December 6, 2018

Genesis 23:1-4 How will we be remembered?

The Death and Burial of Sarah
1Now Sarah lived to be 127 years old. 2She died in Kiriath-arba (that is, Hebron) in the land of Canaan, and Abraham went out to mourn and to weep for her.
3Then Abraham got up from beside his dead wife and said to the Hittitesa , 4“I am a stranger and an outsider among you. Give me a burial site among you so that I can bury my dead.”

Death is hard for us all and statistics prove one out of one people will die. So, how have you prepared for death? One of the first priorities in life should be accepting Jesus as our Lord and Savior because this will guarantee you won’t die a second death. Unless you were Lazarus! Sorry, I couldn’t resist, the second death refer’s to spiritual death. 

Have you made arrangements for burial upon your death or will you let your survivors handle it like Abraham had to? Grief is hard enough and it will take a strong person while grieving (mourning and weeping) to make arrangements.

Yesterday I watched president Bush’s (41) funeral in Washington DC on television and his son president Bush (43) give a eulogy, it was heart wrenching and near the end of the speech he broke down. When he finished he walked by his fathers casket and placed his hand on it. When he sat down next to his wife it appeared he said, I almost made it.

Sarah will be remembered for being the “mother of many nations”
President Bush (41) will be remembered as a WW2 war hero, a public servant and a president.
How will we be remembered?
Hopefully, I will be remembered as a faithful servant of Jesus Christ.

As for me, I want to be cremated and be done with it. 


Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment