Monday, December 11, 2017

Revenge. Genesis 27:41-45 NLT

"Revenge is a dish best served cold." Or how about "Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves." 

Better yet, Deuteronomy 32:35 says 'I will take revenge; I will pay them back. 
In due time their feet will slip. Their day of disaster will arrive, and their destiny will overtake them.’ Maybe we should pray for those who have treated us unjustly. 

When we take matters into our own hands, when we spend our time plotting and scheming, we take our eyes off Jesus. When we are unforgiving and hold on to bitterness, we corrupt ourselves. Isn't it better to let God handle it? He knows and sees all things, He's a much better judge then you or I could ever be. 

Genesis 27:41-45 NLT 

41 From that time on, Esau hated Jacob because their father had given Jacob the blessing. And Esau began to scheme: “I will soon be mourning my father’s death. Then I will kill my brother, Jacob.” 

42 But Rebekah heard about Esau’s plans. So she sent for Jacob and told him, “Listen, Esau is consoling himself by plotting to kill you.  43 So listen carefully, my son. Get ready and flee to my brother, Laban, in Haran.  44 Stay there with him until your brother cools off.  45 When he calms down and forgets what you have done to him, I will send for you to come back. Why should I lose both of you in one day?” 


Blessings, Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment