Saturday, December 2, 2017

Charm & grace are deceptive, are you?

It is estimated that over 93 million selfies are taken everyday. Have you
ever looked at someone and thought, that person is one of the most
beautiful/handsome people I have ever seen. They have everything, looks,
charm, grace, natural sex appeal, and talent. Everything that the world
admires. I look at the scriptures to see what God thinks. It is written in
*Prov31:30 Charm and grace are deceptive, and [superficial] beauty is vain,
But a woman who fears the Lord [reverently worshiping, obeying, serving,
and trusting Him with awe-filled respect], she shall be praised.* I saw a
post that asked what people love about you, "I love your____?" and think,
what matters more, what the world loves about you or what God see's in your
heart that truly matters. It is written in *1Sam16:7 But the Lord said to
Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at the height of his stature,
because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees; for man
looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”* What do
people in your world love about you? Do they see something that might
inspire them to draw closer to the Lord? My life as a Christian has had
mountains and valley's, success' and failures. My desire is that people are
inspired by my devotion to God, my fear of the Lord, and being filled with
the Holy Spirit. Brethren, the praise that we seek should come from the
Lord, not from people or even ourselves, and we must remember that God
looks at the heart. I pray that above all, that you "love my" Jesus.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment