Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Are you growing? Genesis 28:18-22 NLT

If. If God does this for me, if You are real God, if You love me. How many of us use to pray this way? It's the old "what will you do for me? What's in it for me? What do I get out of it" mentality. Selfish. Yet, we were all there once, maybe some of you are still there? 

It's a growth process. Once we are saved by His amazing grace, our prayer life changes. We begin praying for His will in our life, the things He wants for us, the things we can do to bring glory to Him. 

As we get closer to the day we celebrate His birth, let us keep forefront in our mind it's not about the gifts, the glitter and glamour, it's about the gift He brought to earth, the gift of His birth. There was nothing glittering about it, except for the stars. There was nothing glamorous in that dirty stable. 

But remember this, the Savior of the world wouldn't have had it any other way. 

Genesis 28:18-22 NLT 

18 The next morning Jacob got up very early. He took the stone he had rested his head against, and he set it upright as a memorial pillar. Then he poured olive oil over it.  19 He named that place Bethel (which means “house of God”), although it was previously called Luz. 

20 Then Jacob made this vow: “If God will indeed be with me and protect me on this journey, and if he will provide me with food and clothing,  21 and if I return safely to my father’s home, then the LORD will certainly be my God.  22 And this memorial pillar I have set up will become a place for worshiping God, and I will present to God a tenth of everything he gives me.” 


Blessings, Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment