Sunday, December 10, 2017

3 John 1-Are you walking in truth?

Greeting to Gaius from the Elder
(2 John 1:1-3)
1The elder,
To the beloved Gaius, whom I love in the truth:
2Beloved, I pray that in every way you may prosper and enjoy good health, as your soul also prospers. 3For I was overjoyed when the brothers came and testified about your devotion to the truth, in which you continue to walk. 4I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.

“What is it to ‘walk in truth’? It is not walking in the truth, or else some would suppose it meant that John was overjoyed because they were sound in doctrine, and cared little for anything else. His joyous survey did include their orthodoxy in creed, but it reached far beyond.” (Spurgeon)

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.”

Children means children of God but this verse saddens me because our son is in jail. We taught him the truth and planted the seed but he walked away from God and chose the world instead. 
What also saddens me is I have contacted the Prison Ministry at our old church last year about visiting him and they told me they would but never did. I also requested an associate pastor to visit him but he never responded.

What is it to ‘walk in truth’? We can “talk the talk” but what good is it if we don’t walk in truth?

Are you walking in truth?


Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment