Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Leviticus 11:41-47 Distinguish!

 41Every creature that moves along the ground is detestable; it must not be eaten. 42Do not eat any creature that moves along the ground, whether it crawls on its belly or walks on four or more feet; for such creatures are detestable.

43Do not defile yourselves by any crawling creature; do not become unclean or defiled by them. 44For I am the LORD your God; consecrate yourselves, therefore, and be holy, because I am holy.e You must not defile yourselves by any creature that crawls along the ground. 45For I am the LORD, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt so that I would be your God; therefore be holy, because I am holy.

46This is the law regarding animals, birds, all living creatures that move in the water, and all creatures that crawl along the ground. 47You must distinguish between the unclean and the clean, between animals that may be eaten and those that may not.’ ”


Predators, scavengers and poisonous creatures, the Lord was protecting His chosen people. 


45For I am the LORD, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt so that I would be your God; therefore be holy, because I am holy.

Be holy, because I am holy.


47You must distinguish between the unclean and the clean....

What are you eating on a daily basis, is it healthy or junk food?


But also in a spiritual sense, we too must distinguish between the unclean and the clean. 

Associations affect our spiritual lives. 

Are you associating with the unclean? 

How does it impact your relationship with the Lord? “Be holy, because I am holy.”


Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment