Monday, August 3, 2020

Leviticus 10:1-3 Unauthorized!

1Now Aaron’s sons Nadab and Abihu took their censers, put fire in them and added incense, and offered unauthorized fire before the LORD, contrary to His command. 2So fire came out from the presence of the LORD and consumed them, and they died in the presence of the LORD.
3Then Moses said to Aaron, “This is what the LORD meant when He said:
‘To those who come near Me
I will show My holiness,
and in the sight of all the people
I will reveal My glory.’”
But Aaron remained silent.

We don’t know the motivation of Nadab and Abihu but the Lord did.
We can only come to the Lord in the way He has provided, through His Son Jesus Christ. Any other way is unauthorized! 
We are sinners and have to approach God through His Son Jesus, with repentance asking for His grace and mercy. If we try a different way then we are elevating ourselves and basically saying, not Your way but my way!

A warning to Moses and Aaron!
ISV 3: Moses spoke with Aaron about what the LORD had said: "Among those who are near me, I'll show myself holy so that I'll be glorified before all people." So Aaron remained silent. 
Other versions say, So Aaron held his peace.

How do you approach God?

Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment