Thursday, August 6, 2020

Leviticus 10:11-13 Hard Lesson(s)

11so that you may teach the Israelites all the statutes that the LORD has given them through Moses.”

12And Moses said to Aaron and his remaining sons, Eleazar and Ithamar, “Take the grain offering that remains from the offerings made by fire to the LORD and eat it without leaven beside the altar, because it is most holy. 13You shall eat it in a holy place, because it is your share and your sons’ share of the offerings made by fire to the LORD; for this is what I have been commanded.


.... and his remaining sons, Eleazar and Ithamar.

I came from a moderately large family and growing up I learned some hard lessons from my older brother. 

I suspect Eleazar and Ithamar learned an important hard lesson, don’t perform unauthorized worship!


Their portion of the grain offering was theirs to eat but must be eaten beside the alter because of its holiness. The priests would devote their lives serving the Lord so the Lord was looking after them by providing a portion for their sustenance.


I pray you enjoy these devotionals as we read through the Bible. 

Reading and studying the word of the Lord prepares me for the hard day ahead. 


Does it prepare you also?


Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment