Friday, August 7, 2020

Leviticus 10:14-15 A Clean Place!

 14And you and your sons and daughters may eat the breast of the wave offering and the thigh of the contribution in a ceremonially clean place, because these portions have been assigned to you and your children from the peace offerings of the sons of Israel. 15They are to bring the thigh of the contribution and the breast of the wave offering, together with the fat portions of the offerings made by fire, to wave as a wave offering before the LORD. It will belong permanently to you and your children, as the LORD has commanded.”


“These portions of a sacrifice belonged to a priest and to his household. They could be eaten in any clean place.” (Guzik)


When we were children our parents would take us camping. We would spend the summer in a tent trailer, enjoying the campground, woods, fishing in a row boat, picking blueberries and campfires. One particular area we would go, a house alongside the road sold worms for fishing. That particular house had a dirt floor. It always instilled in me that we were blessed. It also showed me that rich or poor, your house and property could be a clean place.


In contrast, the other day we were driving to the big city to shop and we drove past a house that had garbage and toys strewn from one end to the property to the other.

It definitely wasn’t a clean place, more like a dirty place.


One day those of us that are born again will live in a clean place!


John 14: 1“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe in Me as well. 2In My Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and welcome you into My presence, so that you also may be where I am. 4You know the way to the place where I am going.”


I can’t wait to live there, can you?


Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment