Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Leviticus 10:4-7 Holy, Holy, Holy!

4Moses summoned Mishael and Elzaphan, sons of Aaron’s uncle Uzziel, and said to them, “Come here; carry the bodies of your cousins outside the camp, away from the front of the sanctuary.” 5So they came forward and carried them, still in their tunics, outside the camp, as Moses had directed.

6Then Moses said to Aaron and his sons Eleazar and Ithamar, “Do not let your hair become disheveled and do not tear your garments, or else you will die, and the LORD will be angry with the whole congregation. But your brothers, the whole house of Israel, may mourn on account of the fire that the LORD has ignited. 7You shall not go outside the entrance to the Tent of Meeting, or you will die, for the LORD’s anointing oil is on you.”

So they did as Moses instructed.


Aaron and his sons had a greater accountability to God as priests and to approach God in an unauthorized manner resulted in death. Likewise Aaron couldn’t morn or touch the bodies of his own sons or it would have resulted in his death because he was consecrated as holy! 

To allow Aaron to morn would have been saying to the people that God was wrong!


David Jeremiah taught today on the holiness of God and what happened to five men in the Bible when they saw the holiness of God!

Holy, Holy, Holy!


Moses, Exodus 34:29-30 29And when Moses came down from Mount Sinai with the two tablets of the Testimony in his hands, he was unaware that his face had become radiant from speaking with the LORD. 30Aaron and all the Israelites looked at Moses, and behold, his face was radiant. And they were afraid to approach him.


(Job) Job 42:2, 5-6 2“I know that You can do all things

and that no plan of Yours can be thwarted. 5My ears had heard of You,

but now my eyes have seen You.

6Therefore I retract my words,

and I repent in dust and ashes.”


(Isiah) Isiah 6:1-8 1In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted; and the train of His robe filled the temple. 2Above Him stood seraphim, each having six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. 3And they were calling out to one another:

“Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of Hosts;

all the earth is full of His glory.”

4At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook, and the temple was filled with smoke.

5Then I said:

“Woe is me,

for I am ruined,

because I am a man of unclean lips

dwelling among a people of unclean lips;

for my eyes have seen the King,

the LORD of Hosts.”

6Then one of the seraphim flew to me, and in his hand was a glowing coal that he had taken with tongs from the altar. 7And with it he touched my mouth and said:

“Now that this has touched your lips,

your iniquity is removed

and your sin is atoned for.”

8Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying:

“Whom shall I send?

Who will go for Us?”

And I said:

“Here am I. Send me!”


(Paul) Acts 22:6-11 6About noon as I was approaching Damascus, suddenly a bright light from heaven flashed around me. 7I fell to the ground and heard a voice say to me, ‘Saul, Saul, why do you persecute Me?’

8‘Who are You, Lord?’ I asked.

‘I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom you are persecuting,’ He replied. 9My companions saw the light, but they could not understand the voice of the One speaking to me.

10Then I asked, ‘What should I do, Lord?’

‘Get up and go into Damascus,’ He told me. ‘There you will be told all that you have been appointed to do.’

11Because the brilliance of the light had blinded me, my companions led me by the hand into Damascus.


(John) Revelation 1: 17When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man. 


There was nothing more holy than Jesus on the cross, but when He took the iniquity and sins of all mankind, listen what Jesus said:

Mark 15:34 At the ninth hour, Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?” which means, “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?”

That’s because when Jesus took the sins of the world upon himself, His Father God had to turn His back on Him, He couldn’t look at Him because of His holiness.


So if we think it was cruel for the Lord to kill Aaron’s sons for unauthorized worship, remember that God allowed His Son to die for you.


How would you react if you saw God?


Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment