Saturday, August 8, 2020

Leviticus 10:16-20 Mourning Privately

 16Later, Moses searched carefully for the goat of the sin offering, and behold, it had been burned up. He was angry with Eleazar and Ithamar, Aaron’s remaining sons, and asked, 17“Why didn’t you eat the sin offering in the holy place? For it is most holy; it was given to you to take away the guilt of the congregation by making atonement for them before the LORD. 18Since its blood was not brought inside the holy place, you should have eaten it in the sanctuary area, as I commanded.”

19But Aaron replied to Moses, “Behold, this very day they presented their sin offering and their burnt offering before the LORD. Since these things have happened to me, if I had eaten the sin offering today, would it have been acceptable in the sight of the LORD?”

20And when Moses heard this explanation, he was satisfied.


Read Aaron’s answer to Moses carefully!

“”Behold, this very day they presented their sin offering and their burnt offering before the LORD. Since these things have happened to me, if I had eaten the sin offering today, would it have been acceptable in the sight of the LORD?””


Aaron was mourning the loss of his sons and fasting so his remaining sons fasted and burned up the sin offering. Aaron’s mourning was private, on his mind and in his heart ❤️ which I believe was acceptable to the Lord.


Have you ever mourned privately? 

I have over the death of a parent. About two weeks after it hit me, like a ton of bricks ðŸ§± fell on me.


I am reminded of this verse written by David;

Psalm 56:8 You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book.


But I am also reminded of this verse and look forward to this promise!

Revelation 21:4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.”


I can’t wait, can you?


Blessings, David


As the blood of His saints and their deaths are precious in the sight on the Lord, so are their tears—not one of them shall fall to the ground.
Matthew Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment