Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Exodus 33:1-3 Stiff-Necked People!


1Then the LORD said to Moses, “Leave this place, you and the people you brought up out of the land of Egypt, and go to the land that I promised to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob when I said, ‘I will give it to your descendants.’ 2And I will send an angel before you, and I will drive out the Canaanites, Amorites, Hittites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites. 3Go up to a land flowing with milk and honey. But I will not go with you, because you are a stiff-necked people; otherwise, I might destroy you on the way.”

“To be given every other blessing is of no value if God is not with you. What is the value of Canaan? What is the value of milk and honey? What is the value of having possessions, if God was not with them? They saw that the realization of the presence of God, having this fellowship and company, was infinitely more important than everything else.” (Lloyd-Jones)

How would we feel if God told us we still had the promise of salvation but He would not be with us because we are a stiff-necked people?
In a sense it can happen if we quench the Holy Spirit in us by continually sinning.

“Both quenching and grieving the Spirit are similar in their effects. Both hinder a godly lifestyle.”

Are you quenching and grieving the Holy Spirit?


Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment