Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Exodus 33:20-23 You cannot see My face!

20But He added, “You cannot see My face, for no one can see Me and live.”
21The LORD continued, “There is a place near Me where you are to stand upon a rock, 22and when My glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by. 23Then I will take My hand away, and you will see My back; but My face must not be seen.”

“But at the same time he assures him that he could not see his face-the fulness of his perfections and the grandeur of his designs, and live, as no human being could bear, in the present state, this full discovery. But he adds, Thou shalt see my back parts.” (Clarke)

Remember this hymn?
Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee


Do you remember the movie The Ten Commandments with Charlton Heston? I recall the scene when Moses came down the mountain after seeing the Lord, his face was changed, bright and his hair turned gray. Later we read in the Bible, Moses had to cover his face with a veil.

I can’t wait to see Jesus face to face!
Can you?

Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment