Thursday, April 30, 2020

Exodus 35:4-9 Now is the time!

4Moses also told the whole congregation of Israel, “This is what the LORD has commanded: 5Take from among you an offering to the LORD. Let everyone whose heart is willing bring an offering to the LORD:
gold, silver, and bronze;
6blue, purple, and scarlet yarn;
fine linen and goat hair;
7ram skins dyed red and fine leather;a
acacia wood;
8olive oil for the light;
spices for the anointing oil and for the fragrant incense;
9and onyx stones and gemstones to be mounted on the ephod and breastpiece.

Now is the time!
Exodus 25:9 You must make the tabernacle and design all its furnishings according to the pattern I show you.

Are you a cheerful giver to the Lord? I have to admit my sin, I struggle with this. From childhood I was a coin collector, I saved coins and money I earned for the future. The Lord has provided for all my needs but I still struggle with being a frugal person. I had a grandfather that paid cash for everything and lived modestly. I inherited his frugalness! Our son was the opposite as we tried to encourage him to save but money went through his pockets like a sieve.  
But I am reminded of;
2 Corinthians 9:7 Each one should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not out of regret or compulsion. "For God loves a cheerful giver."

What about you, are you a cheerful giver?

Blessings, David

No comments:

Post a Comment