Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Exodus 32:30-35 Lord, how have we sinned against you?

30The next day Moses said to the people, “You have committed a great sin. Now I will go up to the LORD; perhaps I can make atonement for your sin.”
31So Moses returned to the LORD and said, “Oh, what a great sin these people have committed! They have made gods of gold for themselves. 32Yet now, if You would only forgive their sin.... But if not, please blot me out of the book that You have written.”
33The LORD replied to Moses, “Whoever has sinned against Me, I will blot out of My book. 34Now go, lead the people to the place I described. Behold, My angel shall go before you. But on the day I settle accounts, I will punish them for their sin.”
35And the LORD sent a plague on the people because of what they had done with the calf that Aaron had made.

Lord, how have we sinned against you?
When we read through the Bible we see evidence on how sinning against the Lord brings judgement against people, against nations. It can be in the form of a plague, it can be from a evil king or it can be in the form of a drought.

As of this morning the Chinese Coronavirus has stricken the United States with 164,359 infections, 3,173 deaths, 5,507 recovered.


Should we be asking, Lord, how have we sinned against you?
Some ask, how can a loving god strike the world with a pandemic?
The people that ask that question don’t know our God! And they don’t study the Bible!
Maybe we deserved the pandemic because of the sins we committed as a nation?
Abortion, funding sinful ways, sinful leaders, sinful curriculum in schools, sinful lives, to name a few.
As a nation, we need to get on our knees and repent!

Lord, how have we sinned against you?

Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment