Friday, March 27, 2020

Exodus 32:19-20 Water of Bitterness!

19As Moses approached the camp and saw the calf and the dancing, he burned with anger and threw the tablets out of his hands, shattering them at the base of the mountain. 20Then he took the calf they had made, burned it in the fire, ground it to powder, and scattered the powder over the face of the water. Then he forced the Israelites to drink it.

Moses’ anger almost seems justified until we realize he’s dealt with anger throughout his life, like when he killed the Egyptian!
Exodus 2:12 After looking this way and that and seeing no one, he struck down the Egyptian and hid his body in the sand.

All my life I’ve had a reading and sleeping problem, recently I discovered it is because I have A.D.D. 
To help me sleep I’ve been prescribed a medication, the problem is it makes me angry. It affects my temperament and slowly builds over time until I pop! Normal sleep aids don’t help as I cannot turn off my racing thoughts. Last nite I turned it over to the Lord, so I was able to sleep and was able to shutdown my thoughts.
So I understand Moses’ anger issue.

“Then he forced the Israelites to drink it.”
“The gold dust sprinkled on the water of the wady, flowing down from the mountain, the water that Israel must drink, reminds us of the ‘water of bitterness’ to be drunk by the wife suspected of unfaithfulness (Numbers 5:18-22).” (Cole)

If it weren’t for Jesus and His free gift of salvation we all would have to drink the water of bitterness because of sin.

Drink the water of bitterness or accept the gift of salvation.
Which have you chosen?

Blessings, David

No comments:

Post a Comment