Saturday, March 28, 2020

Exodus 32:21-24 Out Came this Calf!

21“What did this people do to you,” Moses asked Aaron, “that you have led them into so great a sin?”
22“Do not be enraged, my lord,” Aaron replied. “You yourself know that the people are intent on evil. 23They told me, ‘Make us gods who will go before us. As for this Moses who brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we do not know what has happened to him!’
24So I said to them, ‘Whoever has gold, let him take it off,’ and they gave it to me. And when I threw it into the fire, out came this calf!”

“Lazy people always find fault with their tools, and those who do not intend to work always find some excuse or other; and then they make up for their laziness by having a delicious spiritual dream. Have the nominally Christian people about us are dreaming; and they consider that thus they are doing the work of the LORD. They are only doing it deceitfully by putting dreaming into the place of real service.” (Spurgeon)

“And when I threw it into the fire, out came this calf!”
“What a silly and ridiculous subterfuge!... Just like the popish legend of the falling of the shrine of our Lady of Loretta out of heaven! These legends come from the same quarter. Satan can provide more when necessary for his purpose.” (Clarke)

Do you remember what Adam said to God after Adam and Eve sinned?
Genesis 3: 12And the man answered, “The woman whom You gave me, she gave me fruit from the tree, and I ate it.”

Do you see any difference in Adam’s excuse verses Aaron’s?
When we deflect blame we are lying.

Have you ever deflected blame for your sin?

Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment