Friday, July 26, 2019

Exodus 6:6-8 A great deliverance!

6Therefore tell the Israelites: ‘I am the LORD, and I will bring you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians and deliver you from their bondage. I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with mighty acts of judgment. 7I will take you as My own people, and I will be your God. Then you will know that I am the LORD your God, who brought you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians. 8And I will bring you into the land that I swore to give to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. I will give it to you as a possession. I am the LORD!’”

Look at all the promises, all the “I will”....
I will bring you out from under the yoke
I will deliver you from their bondage 
I will redeem you with an outstretched arm
I will take you as My own people 
I will be your God!
I will bring you into the land
I will give it to you as a possession 

“Each of these verbs are in the Hebrew past (i.e., perfect) tense instead of the future tense, for so certain was God of their accomplishment that they were viewed as having been completed.” (Kaiser)

“A great deliverance; but nothing to that which Christ hath wrought for us from the tyranny of sin and terror of hell.” (Trapp)

A great deliverance!

Jesus promises us a great deliverance from the tyranny of sin and the terror of hell!

Have you accepted His great deliverance (salvation)?

Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment