Thursday, July 25, 2019

Exodus 6:1-5 I am the LORD.

1But the LORD said to Moses, “Now you will see what I will do to Pharaoh, for because of My mighty hand he will let them go; because of My strong hand he will drive them out of his land.”
2God also told Moses, “I am the LORD. 3I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob as God Almighty,but I did not reveal Myself to them by My name, ‘the LORD.’ 4I also established My covenant with them to give them the land of Canaan, the land where they lived as foreigners. 5Furthermore, I have heard the groaning of the Israelites, whom the Egyptians are enslaving, and I have remembered My covenant.

“because of My strong hand he will drive them out of his land.”
“This was the divine declaration made in answer to the statement of human difficulty… Everything began with a solemn charge to Moses. It is first and answer to the complaint which God’s servant uttered in His presence. It was a message of divine self-assertion and, therefore, necessarily a message of grace.” (Morgan)

““I am the LORD.”
“When all human help has failed, and the soul, exhausted and despairing, has given up hope from man, God draws near, and says, I AM.” (Meyer)

“Furthermore....I have remembered My covenant.”
I will keep...
I am well aware....
From different translations we see remembered, keep and aware. 
It doesn’t mean He forgot, we need to remember that His timing is not our timing!

When our world is broken and all human help has failed, and your soul is exhausted and despairing, draw near to the LORD and lay your head in His hands. He will comfort you and give you rest!

Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment