Monday, July 22, 2019

Exodus 5:15-18 Slackers!

15So the Israelite foremen went and appealed to Pharaoh: “Why are you treating your servants this way? 16No straw has been given to your servants, yet we are told, ‘Make bricks!’ Look, your servants are being beaten, but the fault is with your own people.”
17“You are slackers,” Pharaoh replied. “Slackers! That is why you keep saying, ‘Let us go and sacrifice to the LORD.’ 18Now get to work. You will be given no straw, yet you must deliver the full quota of bricks.”

Slacker and Lazy are translated as similar in meaning.

Proverbs 10:26 BSB Like vinegar to the teeth and smoke to the eyes, so is the slacker to those who send him.

Proverbs 13:4 BSB The slacker craves yet has nothing, but the soul of the diligent is fully satisfied.

Romans 12:11 GNT Work hard and do not be lazy. Serve the Lord with a heart full of devotion. 

Romans 12:11 ISV  Never be lazy in showing such devotion. Be on fire with the Spirit. Serve the Lord.
This verse caught my eye and I had a difficult time locating the version. It’s interesting how different translations affect the reader. I often use BSB because I’m a technically oriented person and it’s said BSB is the most up to date and correctly translated version. 
But when studying the Bible it’s good to look at the same verse in all translations and see where the Spirit leads.

I have to admit I’ve been lazy in serving the Lord other than writing and sharing my devotional. I got burned out serving at my church on the Serve Team, Security Team, Stage Design Team and Nursery. The Nursery was the heaviest load as I couldn’t attend service very often and wasn’t able to attend worship in over a year.
I’m recuperating, refilling my fuel tank and I am led to work with the Stage Design Team when the need arises.

Are you lazy in serving the Lord?

Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment