Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Exodus 4:18-21 All the wonders!

18Then Moses went back to his father-in-law Jethro and said to him, “Please let me return to my brothers in Egypt and see if they are still alive.”
“Go in peace,” Jethro replied.
19Now the LORD had said to Moses in Midian, “Go back to Egypt, for all the men who sought to kill you are dead.” 20So Moses took his wife and sons, put them on a donkey, and headed back to Egypt. And he took the staff of God in his hand.
21The LORD instructed Moses, “When you go back to Egypt, see that you perform before Pharaoh all the wonders that I have put within your power. But I will harden his heart so that he will not let the people go.

“Even the call of God did not erase the need for human courtesy and respect for one’s father-in-law.” (Kaiser)

Did Moses have a clue to all the trials and tribulations he would go through by answering the Lords calling? No, and God wouldn’t let us know in advance either because we would turn away and run in the opposite direction like Jonah!

When the Lord called us to adopt a ten year old boy I would have run away and died in a large fish’s belly if I had a glimpse of what lay ahead! I look back on what we went through and wonder was it for his benefit or ours? 
I will get that answer when I meet Jesus face to face.

“But I will harden his heart so that he will not let the people go.”
Why would the Lord harden his heart? It’s a good question. Maybe He wanted everyone to know Him and the miracles (all the wonders) were His and not Moses? 
There’s a lesson here, sometimes when we continually sin the Lord will harden your heart and let you wallow in your sin to break you so you come back to Him. Essentially forcing you to your knees!

Are you wallowing in a secret sin?

Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment