Monday, July 8, 2019

Exodus 3:11-14 “I AM WHO I AM”!

11But Moses asked God, “Who am I, that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?”
12“I will surely be with you,” God said, “and this will be the sign to you that I have sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, all of you will worship God on this mountain.”
13Then Moses asked God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is His name?’ What should I tell them?”
14God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”

Who am I”? I sometimes find myself asking this question, not in a sense of doing something for the Lord but in a sense of “a wretch like me” that God would save me! I think of the song Amazing Grace written by John Newton and wonder if Moses had the same thoughts when he said, Who am I? He murdered an Egyptian in anger and just maybe, he thought I’m unworthy, I’m a wretch.
But look what God said, “I will surely be with you,”!
It’s not just a statement, it’s a promise!

Look what Jesus says,
Matthew 28:20 New International Version (NIV)
20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
So when I think “a wretch like me”, I remember what Jesus said, “And surely I am with you always,”.

“I AM WHO I AM”
“When God identified Himself as I AM WHO I AM, He stated that, no matter when or where, He is there.”

Look who Jesus says He is in John 8:58 “Truly, truly, I tell you,” Jesus declared, “before Abraham was born, I am!”

“I AM WHO I AM”, and “I Am” are powerful explanations of who He is!

When they ask who Jesus is, what do you tell them? 

Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment