Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Exodus 5:19-21 The deep hole in the sidewalk!

19The Israelite foremen realized they were in trouble when they were told, “You must not reduce your daily quota of bricks.” 20When they left Pharaoh, they confronted Moses and Aaron, who stood waiting to meet them.
21“May the LORD look upon you and judge you,” the foremen said, “for you have made us a stench before Pharaoh and his officials; you have placed in their hand a sword to kill us!”

God had a plan, Moses knew the plan and everything was going according to plan.
The Israelis couldnt handle freedom if God Himself released them. They needed to be prepared, to be hardened for battle so to speak.

Exodus 4:31 and they believed. And when they heard that the LORD had attended to the Israelites and had seen their affliction, they bowed down and worshiped.
How quickly they turned from belief to unbelief!

How are we any different? When we are being sifted like wheat do we praise God and say to Satan, thanks for sifting me? I needed that, sift me some more!
Let’s face it, we hate change! We gladly walk the path of affliction, addiction and slavery because we become comfortable in our hole in the sidewalk, but when someone wants to free us and lowers down a ladder we lash out like the foreman did!

“I walk down the street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I fall in.
I am lost... I am helpless.
It isn't my fault.
It takes forever to find a way out.

I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I pretend I don't see it.
I fall in again.
I can't believe I am in the same place.
But, it isn't my fault.
It still takes me a long time to get out.

I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I see it is there.
I still fall in. It's a habit.
My eyes are open.
I know where I am.
It is my fault. I get out immediately.

I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I walk around it.

I walk down another street.”

Portia Nelson

Are you lost, helpless or a slave to hurts, hang ups or habits?

Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment