Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Genesis 21:22-24 God is with you!

The Covenant at Beersheba
22At that time Abimelech and Phicol the commander of his army said to Abraham, “God is with you in all that you do. 23Now, therefore, swear to me here before God that you will not deal falsely with me or my children or descendants. Show to me and to the country in which you reside the same kindness that I have shown to you.”
24And Abraham replied, “I swear it.”

“I think that the greatest blessing God ever gives to a man is his own presence. If I had my choice of all the blessings of this life, I certainly should not ask for wealth, for that can bring no ease; and I certainly should not ask for popularity, for there is no rest to the man upon whose words men constantly wait, and it is a hard task one has to perform in such a case as that; but I should choose, as my highest honor, to have God always with me.” (Spurgeon)

“God is with you in all that you do.” Can people tell you are set apart by and with God in all you do? As Spurgeon says, it would be my highest honor, to have God always with me.

Abimelech saw this in Abraham and he had showed Abraham kindness so he wanted the same in return. Abraham replies, I swear it. Kindness begets kindness!

May God always be with you.


Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment