Thursday, November 1, 2018

Genesis 16:5-6 Three wrongs don’t make a right!

5Then Sarai said to Abram, “May the wrong done to me be upon you! I delivered my servant into your arms, and ever since she saw that she was pregnant, she has treated me with contempt. May the LORD judge between you and me.”
6“Here,” said Abram, “your servant is in your hands. Do whatever you want with her.” Then Sarai treated Hagar so harshly that she fled from her.

Abram wronged Sarai by not being the spiritual leader of his home and trusting in the Lord for the Promise.
Hagar wronged Sarai by showing contempt towards her.
Sarai wrong Hagar by treating her harshly.

Three wrongs don’t make a right.

Has anyone wronged you? Remember Jesus’ words to Peter when he asked, Matthew 18:21..... “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother who sins against me? Up to seven times?”
22Jesus answered, “I tell you, not just seven times, but seventy-seven times!

Don’t act harshly towards someone who has wronged you. Pray that the Lord removes the bitterness from your heart and then forgive them. You will set yourself free!


Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment