Monday, April 30, 2018

Matthew 12:33 & Titus 3:2 Fruit, Gentleness and Humility!

Matthew 12:33 Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad; for a tree is known by its fruit.

There is a husband and wife that use the nursery at our church. Every week they seem to complain about something. I don’t know what is going on in their lives and I’m not judging them.
I can handle computers that act up, I can handle crying babies but when you add contentious parents it drains you. They tend to go on and on. Then they go up the chain of command and come back and go on and on.
Cecilia finally told the mother if she was unhappy with the quality of care in the nursery she had the option of taking her children to the cry room.

I heard the parents want to go into the mission field. 
I’m not convinced this is an area of service is where God is calling them.
“for a tree is known by its fruit.”

Titus 3:2 NIV They must not slander anyone and must avoid quarreling. Instead, they should be gentle and show true humility to everyone.

I like how the NIV translates, “must avoid quarreling. Instead, they should be gentle and show true humility to everyone”.

Do you avoid quarreling and are you gentle showing true humility to everyone?


Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment