Saturday, April 14, 2018

The Joy's Of Scripture. Psalm 1:1-2 NLT

Psalm 1:1-2 NLT 

1 Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners, or join in with mockers. 

2 But they delight in the law of the LORD, meditating on it day and night. 

Does this verse seem "old fashioned" to you? How exactly are you suppose to "delight in the law of the LORD" ? I've read through Leviticus and I'll be honest with you, I didn't understand MOST of it. How can I delight in it if I don't even understand it? 

But I don't think that's what this verse is talking about. My interpretation of this verse is that God's word, the Bible, brings joy to our soul. When we learn God's ways, which are presented to us in the Bible, and we choose to follow His advice, live the way He tells us to, follow Him, we will have peace. His peace brings us contentment. Contentment gives us joy and joy is, well, delight. The Bible is an instruction manuel on how to live a life that p!eases God. When we p!ease God, He blesses us. 

Now the second part of that verse. Surely no one actually mediates on scripture day and night, unless they're a monk.... 

But actually, Christian, that's exactly what you should be doing. Are you reading scripture daily? I'm not talking about  those cute pictures with a verse that pop up in your Facebook news feed. Actual passages of the Bible. Are you studying it? Dissecting it? Comprehending it? Applying it to your life? 

THAT'S how you meditate on it day and night. 

Blessings, Cecilia 

No comments:

Post a Comment