Saturday, April 17, 2021

Will I Immediately Go To Heaven When I die?

 There are some who believe our soul sleeps until the last day when the dead are raised. I believe they are confusing the physical resurrection with our spirit, our soul.

Nowhere in the Bible does it say our soul sleeps!


“I think this article is tight on the money! Our soul immediately goes to heaven when we die as believers”. (Scott Distler)


John 11: 25Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in Me will live, even though he dies. (“Will live”, your soul. “Even though he dies”, your physical body)


Philippians 1: 23I am torn between the two. I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better indeed. (Paul, to live with Christ)


2 Corinthians 5: 1Now we know that if the earthly tent we live in is dismantled, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands.


2 Corinthians 5: 8We are confident, then, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord. (Immediately with Jesus)


2 Timothy 4: 6For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. 7I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8From now on there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but to all who crave His appearing. (On that day! The day of his death!)


Luke 23: 43And Jesus said to him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.” (Thief on the cross, TODAY!)


“We need to remember, however, one additional truth: At the end of this present age, God will reunite our souls and our bodies. In fact, we will be given new bodies—bodies that will be similar to Christ’s body after His resurrection. They will never experience illness or pain, and they will never grow old.” (Billy Graham)


Rich man and poor man. Where did they immediately go when they died?

Luke 16: 22One day the beggar died and was carried by the angels to Abraham’s side. And the rich man also died and was buried. 23In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham from afar, with Lazarus by his side.

24So he cried out, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue. For I am in agony in this fire.’

25But Abraham answered, ‘Child, remember that during your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things. But now he is comforted here, while you are in agony. 26And besides all this, a great chasm has been fixed between us and you, so that even those who wish cannot cross from here to you, nor can anyone cross from there to us.’ (This was their souls, the final day of resurrection hasn’t happened yet!)


Acts 7: 55But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked intently into heaven and saw the glory of God and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. 56“Look,” he said, “I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.”

57At this they covered their ears, cried out in a loud voice, and rushed together at him. 58They dragged him out of the city and began to stone him. Meanwhile the witnesses laid their garments at the feet of a young man named Saul.

59While they were stoning him, Stephen appealed, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” 60Falling on his knees, he cried out in a loud voice, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.” And when he had said this, he fell asleep. (His body fell asleep, his soul was greeted by Jesus. Notice that Jesus was standing! Scriptures say He is seated to the right hand of the Father. Hebrews 12:2) He stood up to greet Stephen into heaven.


Blessings 

No comments:

Post a Comment