Sunday, April 25, 2021

🦥 Jude 1:7 Sloth 🦥

 What do you think of when you hear the word “sloth”? Two things immediately come to my mind. There is the cute animal from South and Central America. (I really think sloths get a bad wrap.)They’re just very slow moving, methodical in their movements. I’ve gotten that way as I’ve gotten older, more deliberate in my movements so as not to get hurt or do damage. 

The other thought that comes to mind is laziness, or as the dictionary defines it “disinclination to action or labor”.  


There is another definition of sloth that I wasn’t aware of. Maybe I’ve heard it before and forgotten. It’s “spiritual apathy and inactivity” and it’s a sin. 


Wow, that one hit me right between the eyes. Surprisingly, as I began to search for deeper explanations of spiritual apathy or inactivity I didn’t find much. The closest I came was procrastination, putting off doing what we know we should do. 


So if you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and do nothing about it that’s a sin. If you go to church on Sunday and behave like the world the rest of the week it’s a sin. If you don’t use the talents God gave you to further His kingdom it’s a sin. 


What are you doing for Jesus today? 


Pride, greed, wrath, envy, lust, gluttony and sloth. The 7 deadly sins.


Jude 1:7 as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.


In His Name

No comments:

Post a Comment