Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Numbers 10:29-32 Did he stay or did he go?

 29Then Moses said to Hobab, the son of Moses’ father-in-law Reuel the Midianite, “We are setting out for the place of which the LORD said: ‘I will give it to you.’ Come with us, and we will treat you well, for the LORD has promised good things to Israel.”

30“I will not go,” Hobab replied. “Instead, I am going back to my own land and my own people.”

31“Please do not leave us,” Moses said, “since you know where we should camp in the wilderness, and you can serve as our eyes.(guide) 32If you come with us, we will share with you whatever good things the LORD gives us.”


Did he stay or did he go?

And why did Moses want Hobab to be their guide? 

Didn’t the Lord guide them with a pillar of cloud?

Does this verse gives us a clue?

Judges 4: 11 NLT Now Heber the Kenite, a descendant of Moses’ brother-in-law Hobab, had moved away from the other members of his tribe and pitched his tent by the oak of Zaanannim near Kedesh.


I believe he stayed.

Have you ever decided to go but a godly person convinced you to stay?

Blessings 


No comments:

Post a Comment