Friday, February 1, 2019

Genesis 30:29-34 Jacob and Laban’s agreement!

29Then Jacob answered, “You know how I have served you and how your livestock has thrived under my care. 30Indeed, you had very little before my arrival, but now your wealth has increased many times over. The LORD has blessed you wherever I set foot. But now, when may I also provide for my own household?”
31“What can I give you?” Laban asked.
“You do not need to give me anything,” Jacob replied. “If you do this one thing for me, I will keep on shepherding and keeping your flock. 32Let me go through all your flocks today and remove from them every speckled or spotted sheep, every dark-colored lamb, and every spotted or speckled goat. These will be my wages. 33So my honesty will testify for me when you come to check on my wages in the future. If I have any goats that are not speckled or spotted, or any lambs that are not dark-colored, they will be considered stolen.”
34“Agreed,” said Laban. “Let it be as you have said.”

Jacob was trusting in the Lord by using the speckled and spotted method. Laban thought he was getting the better of Jacob but he didn’t factor in the fact that wherever Jacob set his foot the Lord blessed him.

Laban will remain agreeable until the Lord increases Jacob’s wealth.

Are you jealous of your neighbor?

Blessings, David 


No comments:

Post a Comment