Thursday, February 7, 2019

Genesis 31:10-13 Look up!

10When the flocks were breeding, I saw in a dream that the streaked, spotted, and speckled males were mating with the females. 11In that dream the Angel of God said to me, ‘Jacob!’
And I replied, ‘Here I am.’
12‘Look up,’ He said, ‘and see that all the males that are mating with the flock are streaked, spotted, or speckled; for I have seen all that Laban has done to you. 13I am the God of Bethel, where you anointed the pillar and made a solemn vow to Me. Now get up and leave this land at once, and return to your native land.’”

In the verses we see the blessing of the Lord in the blessed sheep production. This was Jacob’s, “I had a dream” moment!

“Look up”! A reminder to look up to God! As Jacob “looked up” to see the vision God had for him, we must look up to Him for guidance to get us through the day.
Look up!

“for I have seen all that Laban has done to you”. God sees everything, He sees all your troubles, He is the source of our blessings!

“I am the God of Bethel!
“You remember, some of you, perhaps, the first time when pardoning love was revealed to you — when you were brought to see the love of God in the great atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Well, to-night, the Lord says to you, ‘I am the same God as you have ever found me. I have not changed. I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed, even as your father Jacob was not consumed; for I was even to him the selfsame God.’” (Spurgeon)

Look up!


Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment