Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Genesis 31:1-9 I will be with you!

Jacob Flees from Laban
1Now Jacob heard that Laban’s sons were saying, “Jacob has taken away all that belonged to our father and built all this wealth at our father’s expense.” 2And Jacob saw from the countenance of Laban that his attitude toward him had changed.
3Then the LORD said to Jacob, “Go back to the land of your fathers and to your kindred, and I will be with you.”
4So Jacob sent word and called Rachel and Leah to the field where his flocks were, 5and he told them, “I can see from your father’s face that his attitude toward me has changed; but the God of my father has been with me. 6You know that I have served your father with all my strength. 7And although he has cheated me and changed my wages ten times, God has not allowed him to harm me. 8If he said, ‘The speckled will be your wages,’ then the whole flock bore speckled offspring. If he said, ‘The streaked will be your wages,’ then the whole flock bore streaked offspring. 9Thus God has taken away your father’s livestock and given them to me.

Envy is a dangerous sin, it poisons the mind, heart and soul. Laban’s sons became envious of Jacob because God was blessing him. Their envy spread like wildfire and poisoned Laban’s mind and his countenance changed towards Jacob. 
Laban was cheating Jacob of his wages and changing them ten times!
The Lord said, “I will be with you.”

Psalm 118:6 (ESV)
6  The Lord is on my side; I will not fear.
What can man do to me?

Will Jacob have anything to worry about after the Lord said, “I will be with you.”?

Laban and his sons won’t be able to harm Jacob, he is the Promise and the Lord has plans for him.
The Lord has plans for you too! 
Surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:20

Blessings, David 


No comments:

Post a Comment