Friday, October 25, 2019

Exodus 20:7 Hallowed be Your name!

7You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not leave anyone unpunished who takes His name in vain.

Gods last name isn’t dammit! 
Cursing was the norm in my occupation and the places I worked at. I was guilty but changed my ways.
I eventually wold ask a person who took the Lords name in vain, why would you curse God? They would usually shrug and walk away or say it was habit and it didn’t mean anything.
But that’s the point because it does mean something! 
I confess that there are times when I accidentally hurt myself while working and I blurt out a G-dammit, but then I ask for forgiveness. 
Old habits are hard to break. ðŸ˜”

But this verse isn’t just about cursing while using the Lords name.
It can be using His name in a superficial stupid way.
Or claiming the name of God but acting in a way that disgraces Him.

Matthew 6:9 So then, this is how you should pray: ’Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name,

Hallowed be Your name!
Dear Lord, please forgive us when we misuse your hallowed name. Give us the wisdom not to, the courage to speak up and tell others to stop and the conscience to correct our evil hearts and ways.
In Jesus name I pray.

Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment