Monday, October 28, 2019

Exodus 20:12 Honor your father and mother!

12Honor your father and mother, so that your days may be long in the land that the LORD your God is giving you.

“This is not a popular doctrine in our modern world, where youth is worshipped, and old age dreaded or despised. The result is the folly by which men or women strive to remain eternally youthful, only to find it an impossible task.” (Cole)

Concerning Cole’s commentary, all you have to do is watch the news or commercials to verify the wisdom of his statement.
I’m guilty of not honoring my father and mother and because of my sin I’ve condemned myself! But because of Jesus I was set free!
What about you?

“A good child lengtheneth his father’s days; therefore God promiseth to lengthen his.” (Trapp)

Rebellion is costly, and many have paid a high price personally for their rebellion against their parents. (Guzik)
I paid that high price but luckily I reconciled myself to my parents before their time was “cut off”.
Psalm 90:10 The days of our lives are seventy years; And if by reason of strength they are eighty years, Yet their boast is only labor and sorrow; For it is soon cut off, and we fly away.

This Temporary Life

Reconciliation is hard and our time is short!
Do you have someone you need to be reconciled with?

Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment