Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Exodus 20:4 Idol or an image!

4You shall not make for yourself an idol of any kind, or an image of anything in the heavens above, on the earth beneath, or in the waters below. 

Deuteronomy 4:12 And the LORD spoke to you out of the fire. You heard the sound of the words, but saw no form; there was only a voice.

The worship of God was intended to be word-based not image-based.

“If the making of cherubim was permitted, then the prohibition of the ‘image’ will refer only to the making of direct objects of worship.” (Cole)

“To countenance its image worship, the Roman Catholic Church has left the whole of this second commandment out of the decalogue, and thus lost one whole commandment out of the ten; but to keep up the number they have divided the tenth into two.” (Clarke)

I refer to myself as a recovering catholic, I walked away from the church because of all the sexual abuse of children. But I didn’t become born again until a couple years later. I walked away and found Jesus as my savior!
But if He draws us to Him, did He cause me to walk away?

John 4:24 God is Spirit, and His worshipers must worship Him in spirit and in truth.”

How do you worship Him?

Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment