Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Judges 6:36-40 Little Faith

 36Then Gideon said to God, “If You are going to save Israel by my hand, as You have said, 37then behold, I will place a fleece of wool on the threshing floor. If there is dew only on the fleece and all the ground is dry, then I will know that You are going to save Israel by my hand, as You have said.”

38And that is what happened. When Gideon arose the next morning, he squeezed the fleece and wrung out the dew—a bowlful of water.

39Then Gideon said to God, “Do not be angry with me; let me speak one more time. Please allow me one more test with the fleece. This time let it be dry, and the ground covered with dew.”

40And that night God did so. Only the fleece was dry, and dew covered the ground.


“Gideon showed that he had a weak, imperfect faith. For such a bold, life-endangering mission, one might understand (and encourage) his request for one sign (fulfilled in Judges 6:17-21). But asking for second and third signs showed that his faith was weak.” (Guzik)


“This is an outstanding example of God’s gracious patience with a troubled child.” (Wood)


It’s better to have little (weak) faith than no faith at all. 


Matthew 14: Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water, and came toward Jesus. 30But when he saw the strength of the wind, he was afraid, and beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!”

31Immediately Jesus reached out His hand and took hold of Peter. “You of little faith,” He said, “why did you doubt?”


I believe everyone,because of our human condition experiences times of little faith just as Gideon and Peter.

How is your faith in Jesus?

Blessings 



No comments:

Post a Comment