Thursday, September 7, 2023

Judges 6:17-21 Give Me a Sign

 17Gideon answered, “If I have found favor in Your sight, give me a sign that it is You speaking with me. 18Please do not depart from this place until I return to You. Let me bring my offering and set it before You.”

And the LORD said, “I will stay until you return.”

19So Gideon went in and prepared a young goat and unleavened bread and an ephah of flour. He placed the meat in a basket and the broth in a pot and brought them out to present to Him under the oak.

20And the angel of God said to him, “Take the meat and the unleavened bread, lay them on this rock, and pour out the broth.” And Gideon did so.

21Then the angel of the LORD extended the tip of the staff that was in his hand and touched the meat and the unleavened bread. And fire flared from the rock and consumed the meat and the unleavened bread. Then the angel of the LORD vanished from his sight.


“It was not wrong for Gideon to ask for a confirming sign. It made sense to ask God to confirm some area of direction that was not specifically detailed in His word, and in regard to something as life-or-death as leading Israel into battle against an enemy.” (Guzik)


“And fire flared from the rock and consumed the meat and the unleavened bread.”

“Here was a sign that the Midianites should be destroyed without man’s labour.” (Trapp)


Give Me a Sign

“For example, we don’t need a special sign that God loves us because He forever demonstrated His love at the cross” (Guzik)

Romans 5:8 But God proves His love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.


Doubting Tomas will forever be remembered!

John 20:25 Unless I see the nail marks in His hands, and put my finger where the nails have been, and put my hand into His side, I will never believe.”


Intellectuals struggle like doubting Thomas due to their logic and way of thinking that Jesus actually rose from the dead. I had a close friend who fit this category, that struggled with Christianity. Before he unexpectedly passed another friend explained to me that he came to believe in Jesus Christ and accepted His grace. ðŸ˜‡


Do you know a doubting Thomas?

Blessings 


Be careful what you ask for! 😇



No comments:

Post a Comment