Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Judges 6:33-35 My Spirit

 33Then all the Midianites, Amalekites, and other people of the east gathered together, crossed over the Jordan, and camped in the Valley of Jezreel.

34So the Spirit of the LORD came upon Gideon, who blew the ram’s horn and rallied the Abiezrites behind him. 35Calling them to arms, Gideon sent messengers throughout Manasseh, as well as Asher, Zebulun, and Naphtali, so that they came up to meet him.


“This follows the familiar pattern of the Spirit’s work upon men under the Old Covenant. The Holy Spirit comes upon specific people for specific reasons, usually for divinely empowered leadership. Under the New Covenant, a broad and generous outpouring of the Holy Spirit is promised upon all flesh (Joel 2:28-29, Acts 2:17-18).

b. Then he blew the trumpet: Because of this divine empowering, Gideon was able to gather an impressive number of troops on short notice. Judges 7:3 tells us that 32,000 men came to follow him into battle.” (Guzik)


Acts 2: 17‘In the last days, God says,

I will pour out My Spirit on all people.

Your sons and daughters will prophesy,

your young men will see visions,

your old men will dream dreams.

18Even on My menservants and maidservants

I will pour out My Spirit in those days,

and they will prophesy.


Acts 10:45 All the circumcised believers who had accompanied Peter were astounded that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on the Gentiles.  


All who follow Christ today experience the blessing of the Holy Spirit living within them and empowering them for Christian service.


I have to admit that there are days I don’t feel the blessing of the Holy Spirit within me. I got angry this last weekend and had to go walk it off. Then as the anger subsided, I prayed. I’m far from perfect and at times I reflect on what Paul said: 

Romans 7: 21So this is the principle I have discovered: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22For in my inner being I delight in God’s law. 23But I see another law at work in my body, warring against the law of my mind and holding me captive to the law of sin that dwells within me.

24What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25Thanks be to God, through Jesus Christ our Lord!


Do you feel the blessing of Holy Spirit within you? 

Blessings 



No comments:

Post a Comment