Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Judges 6:14-16 Weakest and Youngest

 14The LORD turned to him and said, “Go in the strength you have and save Israel from the hand of Midian. Am I not sending you?”

15“Please, my Lord,” Gideon replied, “how can I save Israel? Indeed, my clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the youngest in my father’s house.”

16“Surely I will be with you,” the LORD replied, “and you will strike down all the Midianites as one man.”


Weakest and Youngest 

“Gideon had might to go forth in, but he could not see himself as someone who could do great things for God. He thought of himself as insignificant, from the smallest clan in his tribe, and that he was the least in his own family.” (Guzik)


“Surely I will be with you,”

Exodus 3:12 “I will surely be with you,” ……

Jesus is with us too!

Matthew 28:20……. And surely I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”


2 Corinthians 12:9 But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is perfected in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly in my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest on me.


Should it surprise us that the Lord uses the weakest and youngest for His purposes?

He used a boy to kill a giant. (David)

A stutter to free His people from the pharaoh. (Moses)

An uneducated man that denied Him three times as a fisherman of men. (Peter)

A murderer from a Roman prison cell. (Saul also known as Paul)

He used a couple to adopt a child no one wanted. (David and Cecilia)


What will you allow Him to use you for?

Blessings 



No comments:

Post a Comment