Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Judges 4:6-7 Marching Orders!

 6She summoned Barak son of Abinoam from Kedesh in Naphtali and said to him, “Surely the LORD, the God of Israel, is commanding you: ‘Go and march to Mount Tabor, taking with you ten thousand men of Naphtali and Zebulun. 7And I will draw out Sisera the commander of Jabin’s army, his chariots, and his troops to the River Kishon, and I will deliver him into your hand.’ ”


Marching Orders

“Deborah never believed that God called her alone to deliver Israel. She realized that God would do much of the work through Barak.” (Guzik)

Go and march to Mount Tabor were Barak’s orders from the Most High and if Barak refused the Lord would have chosen someone else.


Has the Lord ever put something on your heart to do and you didn’t do it? 

Years ago we were at Five Guys eating lunch and we saw a homeless man pushing a cart. Our son asks, can we buy him lunch? I said sure! We drove off with a meal and located the man. As our son went to hand him the food, he yelled NO! I told my son to get back in the car and we would find someone else. Down the road we went and as I turned the corner my wife yelled, pull in the Walgreens! The scene was from The Good Samaritan! There was a woman sitting on the curb, beaten to a pulp and everyone was avoiding her. My wife said, let me handle this. She got out, knelt down, offered assistance, prayed for her and gave her the meal.


I believe that the Lord used that homeless man to lead us to that woman.

Oh Lord, how many times have we said no and didn’t do what You asked?

Blessings 



No comments:

Post a Comment