Thursday, July 29, 2021

Numbers 23:7-10 Longing for Righteousness

 7And Balaam lifted up an oracle, saying:

“Balak brought me from Aram,

the king of Moab from the mountains of the east.

‘Come,’ he said, ‘put a curse on Jacob for me;

come and denounce Israel!’

8How can I curse what God has not cursed?

How can I denounce what the LORD has not denounced?

9For I see them from atop the rocky cliffs,

and I watch them from the hills.

Behold, a people dwelling apart,

not reckoning themselves among the nations.

10Who can count the dust of Jacob

or number even a fourth of Israel?

Let me die the death of the righteous;

let my end be like theirs!”


Longing for Righteousness 

Balak paid good money for a curse and instead Balaam’s oracle (prophecy) was a blessing!

Balaam longed to die the death of the righteous but he didn’t desire to live the life of the righteous! The two go hand and hand.


How do we obtain righteousness?

Philippians 3:9 and may be found in Him [believing and relying on Him], not having any righteousness of my own derived from [my obedience to] the Law and its rituals, but [possessing] that [genuine righteousness] which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith.


Faith in Christ!

Blessings 


No comments:

Post a Comment