Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Numbers 22:36-41 Compromise

 36When Balak heard that Balaam was coming, he went out to meet him at the Moabite city on the Arnon border, at the edge of his territory. 37And he said to Balaam, “Did I not send you an urgent summons? Why did you not come to me? Am I really not able to richly reward you?”
38“See, I have come to you,” Balaam replied, “but can I say just anything? I must speak only the word that God puts in my mouth.”

39So Balaam accompanied Balak, and they came to Kiriath-huzoth. 40Balak sacrificed cattle and sheep, and he gave portions to Balaam and the princes who were with him.

41The next morning, Balak took Balaam and brought him up to Bamoth-baal. From there he could see the outskirts of the camp of the people.


Compromise 

Richly Reward You

Music to Balaam’s ears!


“but can I say just anything? I must speak only the word that God puts in my mouth.”

“Balaam again protested that this was not in his hands. Perhaps he really believed and understood this, or perhaps this was his way of protecting himself in case he failed. Then he could say that it was God’s fault, and not his.” (Guzik)


Balaam was a prophet of compromise because he was giving way to Balak.

Proverbs 25: 26Like a muddied spring or a polluted well

is a righteous man who gives way to the wicked.


Are you compromising your faith in Jesus Christ?

Blessings 



No comments:

Post a Comment